Frank2112 Twitter Feed

    Follow Frank2112 on Twitter

    Saturday, September 15, 2007

    Sneak Preview - Bionic Woman Rules!

    No, it's not a mistake, you read that right.
    I got to watch a sneak preview of the pilot for this upcoming series and I was seriously surprised.
    Take one part Nikita, three parts transhumanism, mix in a few actors from Battlestar Galactica and what do you get? One really excellent new show! Like most of you I thought this was going to be just terrible. I thought three, maybe four episodes - tops and this show would probably be among the first of the new shows to be canceled and to be fair that might happen I suppose but it won't because this is a retread of a weak idea.
    This is a whole new ballgame and I'm planning to stick it around.

    2 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    I was underwhelmed by the pre-air pilot, so I was excited that NBC made the official pilot available for download early.

    Unfortunately, not enough flaws were fixed. I personally thought Mae Whitman as the original sister was fine and that her character would be deaf. Recasting the role of Beca was not necessary and not a flaw that needed fixing. The pacing and character development were.

    I am excited about the show, but it does need to improve.

    Frank J. Hernandez said...

    Yeah, you know, I read about that after I watched it and Gina and I both thought that was the wrong choice too. I didn't see anything before watching the show so perhaps my view of it was a little more generous. I really wasn't expecting much of anything.